Live Cricket Score From CricInfo on your Bash Terminal
You are a hardcore cricket fan, want to get updated the score while working 😄 😄 . But bored to open a browser ⇒ goto cricinfo ⇒ goto particular cricket match. Welcome, this script for you only.
Why this Script..?
I am not the fan of cricket. But some of friends working as Linux Administrators who is always looking black and white terminal, They want to know the score. So I wrote a shellscript to get score from cricinfo. Now they happily run this script in an another terminal and gets updated about score.
How to use..?
- Download the file from github livecricketscore.sh
- Then copy that file in to /usr/bin/ folder
- Run that livecricketscore from anywhere
- It will ask for the which match score you want to know
- Select the matcher number
- It will continuously run untill you kill ( CTRL + C ) that
wget --no-check-certificate https://gist.githubusercontent.com/arulrajnet/fb71169c35180f9d9abd/raw/livecricketscore.sh chmod +x livecricketscore.sh cp livecricketscore.sh /usr/bin/livecricketscore sh /usr/bin/livcricketscore
You need to install xmllint if its not there already. To install xmllint in ubuntu
apt-get update apt-get install libxml2-utils
Thanks to ww.espncricinfo.com . I am using their RSS feed to list the live matches and get the score.